Wednesday, July 9, 2008

To flee or not to flee...

my shift key it still broken and i don't have the time to fix all the errors...
Wow... you would think the kids had been out of school all summer... i had to double check my calendar to confirm to myself that it has barely passed the week mark. the house is totally trashed (therefore leaving me with plenty of time to blog) and I seem to have gathered an extra 4 or 5 kids. I knew there was a reason I stopped at four. By the time they are 7 they start multiplying. There are days when there are about twenty kids here. Think of what would have happened if i had had a few more. I wouldn't be able to walk in my own house. Plus keeping food around for longer than 10 minutes is already a great challenge. I have to stash and hide things so I don't starve to death.
they are proving that school is making them so bright. today Seth got a cardboard cylinder stuck on his leg. i guess parents are suppose to teach them some things... this probably is covered under my parental coverage category. "teach children not to slide cardboard cylinders up their body parts 101". i think (well at least I hope) that the other ten kids standing around with fearful faces will realize that this is not something you should do. It immediately became a crisis when he tried to remove it after a couple of minutes of thinking he was the coolest kid around and realized it wasn't going anywhere. then James came at him with some scissors to cut it off. i still can't hear out of my left ear. the scream is still echoing in my head. Luckily it wasn't a metal cylinder (I'll have to teach that class tomorrow) because i can tear cardboard... but if it was metal he would have had to go to the instacare to have it removed because he had really jammed it up his leg. i know you have no idea what i am talking about... i tried to take a picture... but i had torn enough off it that he could remove it the rest of the way on his own. he wasn't to thrilled to have a picture taken of his stupidity.... so enjoy picturing what you think happened. lol

well Nate and i passed the twelve year mark on Sunday (anniversary wise). we are getting closer to being with each other longer than we lived at home with our parents. what a fun trip it has been. We are really quite dullsome (if that isn't a word I just made it one). Other than fighting, which I think we both enjoy, we are content with just hanging out together and doing nothing. i think it is our favorite thing to do together! Well that and eat. Eating is almost always fun. We went to Johnny Carinos. We tried the Italian Nacho's which were surprisingly quite good.

Emily also turned 9 on Sunday. she is having a party on Friday with some friends. Surprisingly she isn't driving me crazy with her party plans. that is totally out of character for her. she spent her whole birthday budget on little stuffed animals called Webkinz. Totally a waste of money in my mind... but I haven't been able to convince her of that.

1 comment:

{krista} said...

Kailey, I didn't notice you had a blog until today!!! yeah! I love reading more about your family, they are so cute and entertaining... never get our Ashlee's together, oh, the havoc they would cause!