Friday, July 18, 2008

My intro on my board

...well I typed up an intro on my WONDERFUL internet board about me and my family... I thought I would post it on my blog since I have nothing else to post right now... Maybe I'll even find some pics.


My name is Kailey. I am a 29 year old mother of 4. Wife of twelve years to my dh Nate.




If you ask me where I grew up I'll tell you Draper, Utah, but I did spend the first nine years of my life in Kearns, UT. My mom and dad had nine children. I am the third oldest.

I am a farm girl at heart. I love spending time outdoors with my cats, rabbits, and chickens (though I find that my mind doesn't allow me to do this often because I have so many other things I need to do). I would have a lot more animals if I could, but dh doesn't really like them and truthfully the 19 I have are already plenty of work. I have been a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints my whole life. My husband is a convert. He was 17 when he joined the church.



His family is Catholic, and not the kind that just go on Christmas and Easter. They are what some refer to as DEVOTED Catholic. They are also some of the most loving and caring people I know. Compassionate and very devoted to their Savior. I love my "out"-laws (as they refer to themselves) as much as I love my own family. Because I married at a young age, I feel like I grew up with them. They are just the other part of my family, my BIG family. Nates mom also had 9 kids. The picture above only has 4 of them in it.

This year is going to be a big one for me. I will be starting my Freshman year of college in about a month. I am a little nervous (and I seem to have nightmares ALL THE TIME about it), but I am also excited to move on to a new chapter in life. I still LOVE being a mother and want to be there for my children, but when they are at school I feel at a loss for what I should be doing, and have prayed about it and feel like this is the route I need to take with my life. I was married at 17 and became a mom soon after. After graduating high school I decided I wanted to just stay at home and spend time raising my children. Now I can do that and go to school since they are all school age and gone from 9-4 each day.

I had braces put on my teeth last April. It has been a challenge, but I look forward to having straight teeth!



My dh is a Senior Voice Networking Engineer for COPB. The Corporation of the Presiding Bishopric. He enjoys his job USUALLY, and I enjoy that he has a consistent work schedule and that he isn't required to travel much. There were a couple of years while we lived in WY that he traveled 4-7 days a week. I was lucky to see him for a couple of hours before he had to take off to his next job. Lets just say the church job is about a trillion times better that that! He has been working on copying all of our DVD's to a hard drive that is accessible to his modified X-Box. I would have to say the whole thing is pretty cool.



James is my oldest child. He is almost 12. He is a little boy hunk. He has the 3-7 grade girls drooling all over the place. I can't take him anywhere without him flirting with any girl he comes into contact with. The unfortunate part is he thinks flirting is bragging about all of his accomplishments. Only the third graders think that is cool.... the 4-7 graders are just eager to try to brag bigger. It must be the age. He is a great oldest son. Very helpful most of the time. He will be going into 7th grade in August. He says he thinks it should be pretty easy to get straight A's so I am very hopeful! If he does get straight A's I have promised him a cell phone at the end of the year. Hopefully that will be enough incentive for him.



Seth is the second child. HE is my big soft sweetie (unless your trying to get him to try on new clothes or shoes... then he is a nightmare that my mother says she would have had to send away if he belonged to her). He is always trying to do the right thing. He is a very FAIR person. To bad the world isn't a FAIR place. He is 10 1/2 and will be in 5th grade in August. He has a good group of friends that he spend almost all day everyday with. He enjoys reading and building things with his Legos. He is also a little computer freak or shall I say geek! Overall he is the most easy going child I have... though I do have to admit he is also the most stubborn at times.



Emily is next in line. She has a fiery personality. She likes to be in charge, but she isn't good at making others want to follow her. She is as my mom would say "A Bossy Boots." She is 9 but she gets along better with 6 & 7 year olds because they can handle being bossed around a little better. She can be a sweet girl with a lot of compassion. She enjoys helping me out with chores and telling me her stories of life. She is a tree killer. She loves to draw on LOTS of paper. I don't know if it a hobby or a disease. I've tried to hide my paper, but she always finds it... and she just can't help herself when it comes to using it. She also went through my one year supply of tape in a matter of seconds.



Ashlee is the youngest child. If Emmy is "BOSSY" then Ashlee is just what I call "NASTY". It could just be that they have been out of school for a little over two weeks and we are clashing like dogs and cats.... but ???? She is a big meany! Even the neighbor kids say so. LOL. Ashlee is 7 going on like, well like whatever age you are when you want to take over the world only to bomb it and kill all the people in it. Ok...Ok.. maybe she isn't that bad. If she wanted nice things said about her she shouldn't have spend the morning yelling at me! But honestly... she does have a bright side. She loves animals . She is a bit of a tom-boy, and likes to play the game consoles with the older boys. She can even beat them sometimes. She is a bit shy with people that she doesn't know well, but once she gets to know you she is a jabber pants. She is a good kid at school and in her church class. Her teachers can never say enough about how great she is.

Well that is that... right now I am a Valiant 10 teacher at church. It is challenging at times, but I absolutely LOVE teaching about the Book of Mormon. I have enjoyed studying it for lessons and have picked up so much more this time reading it than I ever have before. The stories are enthralling and the testimonies in the book are tear wrenching and powerful. The Prophets of the Book of Mormon are definitely examples to us in the latter days of what we need to stand for and a symbol to us all of why we are hear and what we need to be doing with our lives. I have decided that my favorite Prophet is Alma the Younger who is an example of what life is all about. He started of with a failing testimony, but became a powerful instrument in the hand of the Lord. He devoted his life to bringing the knowledge of the gospel to all who would listen. He raised his children to be honest and faithful men who also became powerful leaders, not only of the church at that time, but to the people of that time.









1 comment:

{krista} said...

I can totally see why James is a lady killer.... you'll be beating the girls off your doorstep in no time!