On Wednesday night we followed our neighbors (the Holt's) up to Fairview canyon. We like to do that on occasion. We pack up our trailer and then when we see any of the neighbors leave with theirs we just follow them. It is an awesome way to impose on those you live around. MAKES GREAT NEIGHBORS!!! You should really try it! Just kidding... We were invited... or so my dh says we were.
We had passed Fairview on our way to Manti many times, but this was the first time I had ever been in the canyon. It was BEAUTIFUL! 
Unfortunately 12 year olds don't give very good directions, especially over the telephone. They like to use words like North and West even though they aren't really sure whether they are facing North, East, South, or West. The guys took off to find the camp with the Land Rover while the ladies watched the kids. Of course that probably wasn't the best move. How many dh's are better "finders" than their wives? It turns out that we were only a coupe hundred feet away from the camp... but it took a good hour to find that out. I think the guys just wanted to play in the Land Rover. By now it is 10:10 PM and we are all ready for bed. The lucky neighbors had a motor home and they just pushed a button to level out. We were too tired to do what we had to do so we slept at a tilt all night.
We spent the next couple of days fishing at a couple of different ponds, riding four wheelers, and hanging out at camp.
My 29% deet didn't seem to stop me from getting bites all down my arms and legs. It didn't stop the kids from getting them either. Benadryl cream became our bestest friend.
All was going well until Emmy forgot our lesson about sliding things up our body parts. I tried after Seths little episode to teach them that it wasn't smart... but???? As we sat around talking she slid a bubble wand up her finger like it was a ring. Like Seth, she thought it was great at first, but then it wouldn't just slide off. It probably didn't help that Nate told her that was the number one reason for finger amputation in children. She was a tid bit freaked out as the rest of us just sat and laughed hysterically at her. Like the good parents we are, after we got some good laughing in, we removed it from her finger... but not without a picture first! I wasn't going to let her get off as easy as Seth.
We ended the trip with a night of "Seth Sickies". Believe me when I tell you you don't want to see pictures of that. The whole trailer had to be disinfected and I even had to clean the carpets! It was yucky! Then to top it off... as we drove home with Seth puking in the back of the car... the trailer had a tire blow out. Nate and I both heard a weird noise, but we blamed it on the dog and kept driving. The people behind us drove up next to us to let us know we were driving down the road on basically a rim. It did a good 2-4 hundred dollars worth of damage, but it could have been much worse! We got it switched out with our spare and made it home sweet home! Nate is talking about going camping again next weekend. All I can think about is getting a good nights rest!
2 comments:
That looks just like Island Park, idaho. Really. And to think I thought I was missing out on something down there. Ha ha!
Hate the pukies, love the pictures, sorry about the blowout. I remember once as a kid someone pulling up along side us to tell us we'd left the camper door open. Luckily, nothing valuable was dumped along the side of the highway. Gotta love those good samaratins, though.
Have fun next weekend!
I thought that your kids only puked on the vaca's that we take with you. I feel a little better. So have you upgraded your camping buddies now? What are we not good enough for you anymore. I guess we need the cool toys for you to like us again huh? So Hurt!
Post a Comment