I am so tired!!! Yesterday and today have been so F-U-N. Last night James decided his mouth was just killing him. He has been complaining of tooth pain on and off for weeks. I have taken him to the dentist like four times in the last three weeks trying to figure it all out. After being kept up all night by him throwing little fits all over the house at 1, 2, and 3 o'clock this morning... I called the dentist AGAIN. We went in AGAIN and James attempted to explain to him the problem he is having. He said James was going to have to have a pulp test to see if one of his teeth had died. He and his cousin Breken banged faces with each other about four years ago resulting in James losing half his tooth. It has been a PITR ever since...
Well we have to go to another dentist which we have to call to find one covered under health insurance and then we have to find one that can see him today. We actually found one who was AWESOME... (If you ever need a root canal he is the man to see! His name is Troy Thompson from South Jordan). He starts the test on the poor kid who was already in so much pain. He does things like touch dry ice to the tooth and send electric shocks through them. They are obviously very painful and James is raising his hand for him to stop even before he places the wires on his tooth. He really wasn't into being "tickled" like the doc had said it would feel. LOL. He finally declares the tooth dead, and he has an opening to do the root canal right then (which totally works for me because I want sleep!). He starts the numbing process on James who proceeded to jump out of the chair and declare that he is going home now. He has had enough. He begs to have it done another day. There really wasn't much convincing we could do. With his lack of sleep and pain like he had never felt before he was not going to sit in that chair again. He took my keys to wait in the car while I rescheduled for another day. He is now doped up on three different medications. Hopefully next week he'll be a brave boy and get it done so we don't have to have him knocked out. I am just hoping to get some sleep tonight. Seth kept me up all Sat night throwing up... then I got the pleasure of spending the day cleaning it up, and then I got kept up all night by James. I feel like a walking Zombie.
1 comment:
Good Luck on the sleep thing. My Child has been sleeping through the night. (knock on wood)
Post a Comment