Tuesday, December 16, 2008

No School Blah Blah's

OK so now life is back to all normal-ness I have awesome things planned to do, but like usual they just don't seem to get done.

Today I went to my orthodontist so that he could make my teeth hurt again. Nothing is better than not being able to chew for three days!

Yesterday we got a visit from someones cat. It is still here today. I am wondering "why me"! Of course the girls are totally in love with it. Ashlee confirms this as her face looks like someone just mutilated it because she is having a severe allergic reaction to the cat, yet she won't stop touching it. Emily says if I take it to the animal shelter she is never talking to me again because the cat is her only friend (someone forgot to tell the cat this though because from my vantage point it doesn't seem to like either of them). Why do all the lost cats come to me? This one is going to have to go to the animal shelter tomorrow. I have searched the neighborhood for it's home and can't find it. Hopefully they will find her at the shelter or it will be adopted for Christmas because she is such a cutie. Plus she is declawed. If you are ever adopting an inside cat get a declawed one!!! It is so nice knowing that she can't rip apart my furniture while I get up the courage to take her to the animal shelter.

As for other happenings around here.... Nate has done the Christmas shopping this year. I am thinking he is above budget just a couple of (thousands) of dollars. I think I'll stick with me being in charge of Christmas from now on.

He also has a hard time waiting to open his Christmas presents... so he hasn't waited. Christmas is all month for him. He got a snow blower just in time for the snow. It is actually a snow THROWER... more on that in a minute...

He is also being a tad bit obsessive with his Netflix membership. It isn't good enough that the post office comes to pick them up everyday... he has decided that if we take it to the post office then he gets new ones faster. I am already sick of the five o'clock mad dashes to the post office and I don't care that we don't have as quick of a turn around time, unfortunately he does so they must continue.

Well... back to the snow thrower... Of course Nate had to buy the biggest one he could find. If you know Nate you know that bigger always seems to be better. Well, yesterday he left for work and there was still snow in the driveway. He told me he would tell me how to use it over the telephone once the kids left for school. I am not naive enough to think that it was going to be easy. James came in the night before telling me stories of how Nate had showed him how to use it and had tried to kill him in the process. Nate had even talked about how the thing dragged him around a bit. I was sure it wasn't going to be easy, but after shoveling for ten minutes I decided it was worth a try.

Nate starts by telling me how to turn it on, setting the speed, setting the angle, blowing the snow... blah blah blah. I was doing awesome! I got it to start. I got it to move. I got it to blow snow. Now the snow has to blow to somewhere, which seems to be a defect in the product. It would be much more awesome if it could "eat" the snow. Then I wouldn't have to be trying to find a place for all the snow it picks up... but yet men haven't thought up a solution for this yet. Therefore snow was everywhere. It was all over me, it was all over where I just shoveled. It wasn't working out for me to well and then the blower died. It seems that it ran out of gas. I tried to push it back to the garage because I felt that my five minutes of "not fun" were over and I had to get to the orthodontist. Well, did I mention to you he bought the BIGGEST one? Without the power of the motor pushing it along it didn't seem to want to move and it was to icy for me to bear down and make it. I finally had to get the gas can out but it wouldn't open right and I ended up spilling it all over the blower and all over me. Then I didn't want to start the blower because I didn't want to blow up. I tried pushing it again but it wasn't going anywhere. Finally I pulled it into the garage which actually worked quite well. Now the neighbors seemed to get a hoot out of watching this whole ordeal. Unlike the rooster attach in the back yard... the snow blower ordeal was in the front yard where I guess neighbors are happy to just stand and watch you make a fool out of yourself. Then afterwards point out that they watched you and your ordeal with the snow blower. One asked me when I was going to get to his driveway. I told him it would probably be a few years. Hopefully I never have to touch the big machine again, but I am sure I'll be stupid enough to try it when I forget how horrible it was the first time. Minds really shouldn't forget things like that! I smelt like a gas station at the orthodontist cause I didn't have time to shower by the time I got the stupid thing back in the garage. :-(

As for the kiddo's. James got his first pimple last week. Of course we are not allowed to call it that and there is also a new "z" word that we aren't allowed to say in our home anymore. He swears up an down he ran into something and it isn't a "z". Poor kid. The rest of them are being as lazy as always. We are working on it and they are consistently making there beds in the morning. None of them have even pointed out that I am not doing like wise which is a plus. They always like to compare my downfalls with theirs. Can't they see I want them to be better than me? lol.

Laundry and dishes and downstairs awaits...

Ta Ta for now. Hope your all having a very Merry Christmas season...

No comments: