Sunday, December 28, 2008

I am now ready for my "long winter nap"

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas. Get out your paper and pencils because it is time to start writing down those New Year resolutions!

As I frequently mentioned to everyone, I wasn't in a "Christmasy" mood at all this year. I had to force myself to put up the tree. I hadn't wrapped one present until Christmas eve....

On Christmas Eve day we had Sarah and Rebecca come over to make cookies. Karl came over too. We spend the day making cookies until we never wanted to see a cookie again. It didn't take that long before I felt that way which is why I didn't pick baking for a career choice. I did reaffirm that Peanut butter cookies are NOT my favorite.

That night we let the kids open the Wii for their Christmas Eve present. It worked out well because we were able to work on stuff upstairs while they played downstairs.

When Christmas morning came I put on my "happy mood" and started playing more with my new camera that I got for Christmas (but Nate opened a couple of weeks early for me). The kids woke up NOT bright but VERY early in the morning. "We all went downstairs to open presents. Nate told them all "no fighting, no whining... OR we'll all go back to bed". Emily ripped open half of a present Ashlee was opening about ten minutes into the "opening" ordeal and there was a little tantrum from Ashlee... so we all went back to bed, but only for like five minutes. Bummer.




Ashlee finally decided to get over it and we went back downstairs and opened the other presents. Then the kids were shown their "Rock Band" room that Nate had put together and then Nate and I really did go back to bed while the kids stayed up and played there new toys.

Rebecca had decided that everyone had to get together on Christmas day because she was ditched by her mommy and was to young to be without as much family as possible (everyone in the valley) and so we all conceded to her wishes and Kevin and Charity so kindly let us all come over AND made us brunch Christmas morning.
Of course these plans were made before the big storm hit early in the morning on Christmas day. By the time we got up we had four foot snow drifts in the back yard and a good two feet of snow in the driveway. Much of the day was spent throwing it all over the place with the snow thrower. We were late to Kevin and Charities, but we still braved the snow and got there.

While there we opened presents, exchanged "universal" gift cards and played a game of Curses. Then we headed back home for some more snow throwing.

At five o'clock we headed over to my mom;s house for our traditional English dinner. I got some awesome pictures of all of us wearing out Christmas cracker hats. We played our newly traditional white elephant game. I got a delightful pair of slippers that also dust the floor. They are not so pretty looking and really not that comfortable, but they dust people! How cool is that?



We came home is a pretty scary blizzard, cleaned up all the mess from the day, and went to bed.

December 26th we skipped the early morning "deal" shopping. At least I did. Nate went to Walmart for something (which is when I think we "really" lost the camera. More snow had fallen and was still falling so Nate spent more time out with his Snow Thrower. They've become the bestest of friends over the last couple of weeks!

In the middle of the day I went to go and type this delightful blog and I was going to post all the cool pics I had taken with my new camera... but I couldn't find it anywhere... I spent much of the 26th and all of the 27th moping around bawling that I lost my camera.

During this time I also cleaned the house for a party with high school friends that we were hosting later in the day.

The party was fun and we got to see some High School friends that we hadn't seen for a long time... but my camera was still missing... And no I never found it... and yes I am sad... but life goes on and I still have my awesome big Fuji camera from six years ago. The new camera was a purse size camera, but I guess I am not responsible enough to have little camera's and should just stick with the honking huge ones.
So that was our list of Christmas fun... now it is on to the new year.



Seth being NAUGHTY NAUGHTY NAUGHTY... Santa isn't going to be able to bring him presents next year.

1 comment:

{krista} said...

I'm ready for my long winters nap, too! This holiday was MUCH too long, for me anyway, though I'm sure not for you since you have to go back to school soon (sorry for mentioning it). Happy Holidays!