Though many of you are already baking away.... I am just sitting here looking at the mess I still have to clean. It is unmotivating. My assignments tomorrow are Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Bean Casserole. If you want to try something new here they are...
Green Bean Casserole
4 (15 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup sour cream
2 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 tsp. of onion powder
1 (6 oz) can French fried onions
salt and pepper to taste
(if you like cheese you can add grated cheddar cheese depending on how cheesy you want it. (around one cup)
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a 9x13 casserole dish mix together green beans, milk, sour cream, cream of mushroom soup and onion powder (and cheese if you want it cheezy) .
Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until heated through and bubbly. Sprinkle onions over the top, and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Turkey
This is the recipe I use as a base. I sometimes don't use the parsley. Great tasting moist turkey IMO
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Homestyle-Turkey-the-Michigander-Way-2/Detail.aspx
Mash Potatoes
no recipe for this one. Just going to pretend I know what I'm doing and hope they turn out ok:-)
2 comments:
My sister is the queen of mashed potatoes... she (and me, too, now that I know her secret) boils them with chicken boullion in the water. Then drains it off, and mashes it with evaporated milk and butter. They are SO yummy!!!
I love green bean casserole, but I'm the only one in this whole stinkin family (including the inlaws), so I rarely get them!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Yum.. that does sound good. I'll have to write me a note for next time.
Post a Comment