What would the day after Thanksgiving be without waking up at 4 AM to go and stand in a line and then fight over things you have to pay for?Black Friday reminds me of an Easter egg hunt. You all line up and when they say go you grab as many things as fast as you can. That is usually where an Easter egg hunt ends, but unfortunately that is not all that is entailed at a Black and Blue Friday hunt. They are much more complex, because it involves rude adults who are all out for a good deal and willing to rip you to pieces if you stand in the way.
I always wonder what those greedy, take right from your hands, people say when they get home. Do they think everyone else is greedy??? Do they whine that it was a mad house and they had to rip things from people’s hands to get the deals they wanted? I guess I'll never know. I always figure they must be pretty desperate for it, and I guess I am not desperate enough to fight them for it.
I watched a fight over a camera at Walmart this morning. When I first started going to these early morning shopping extravaganzas there was maybe a guy or two mixed in with all the girls, but now a days I am thinking there is starting to be more guys then girls there... and as this has happened the crime rate (that is what I am calling it anyway) for Black Friday has gone up. Why? Because like I said when someone grabs something out of my hands I just get frustrated and move on, but the guys seem to like to take it to the next level. They decide to have it out in the middle of packed store, because by golly getting a junk piece of camera is WAY worth going to jail for...don't ya think???
The worst part of the whole "experience" (unless you are one of those people who get trampled) actually comes when you have to take your newly acquired goods to the check stand to be tortured for hours as the checkers take FOREVER checking each person out. LOVERLY!!
You would have had to pay ME to stand in the line at Shopko this morning. It wrapped all the way around the large store and then some. I have severe line limitations.
I don't like them at the amusement park.... I don't them at the store...Not in the dark... it's such a bore... I do not like to stand in lines. I think I'd rather have a fine!
Today as I stood in line after line after line I decided I am very happy being an internet shopper. Nothing is better than having something come to you instead of you going to it! I am thinking my Black Friday days are coming to an end. It is the end of the era for me...It is getting too violent! I blame it on the men. :-) lol. We'll see if I still remember next year how horrible it was. My mind seems to forget and I talk myself into doing it again. I really should take pictures to keep it more vivid in my memory.
2 comments:
I think I'd rather pay extra than ever go through any of this!!! I read that someone was trampled to death in New York at a Walmart... totally not worth it. I didn't even go outside today... except to rehang Christmas lights!
You're a pretty brave woman to venture out on black friday! I like my sleep to much and get all my shopping done before t-day!
Post a Comment