Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Happy Birthday Pops and Ash

It has been a day without much slack. I have been running all over the place trying to get everything done that is supposed to get done... The original plan was to stay at home all day and read a good chapter of Biology, but plans changes and instead I got to have a nice lunch with my Dad and some siblings and then went tutoring at the elementary school (I got a new little girl today who is a little jabber pants). Then I had to pick up James and the car pool buddies, and then I had to find Ash a bunch of books off the book shelf to work with her on. She isn't doing well in the reading department.
Then all the kids got home and it was my least favorite time of the day (kid homework time). I got to listen to a recorder for a good 10 minutes. That was enough to take a few years off my life and let me use my awesome imagination to think of how great it would be to smash it to hundreds of pieces. Then it was time for violin practice. I would have to say that I usually don't really enjoy violin practice, but after the 10 minutes of the recorder it almost sounded heavenly. During this time Noel called to wish Ash a Happy Birthday and Ashlee decided she was going to play hide and seek so she didn't have to talk to her. Noel got to listen to me run around the house yelling at everyone for a few minutes... then once we got off the phone Ashlee decided to have a mental breakdown about the violin practice. I guess she thought it was as bad as the recorder practice and couldn't "take it anymore". I finally got her to sit down and read with me 30 minutes later. Ugghh. Did I mention that I hate homework time?
I then had to run to Costco to get Ash her birthday present and get Emily a coat. Then hurry home (picking up dinner on the way) to make it to an achievement day activity. And then pick kids up from scouts.
It is now 9:30 and I got a whole 3 pages of biology read today. I have been taking my math homework around with me and doing a bit here and there when I have a second. I am so ready to be done with this semester.

No comments: