Thursday, August 7, 2008

To My Mom... Because I don't need mothers day




to thank her for all she does for me. And tell her how totally awesome and wonderful she is!! Though I couldn't find a picture of her (so I went to her blog and stole one..shhhh)


My kids have been extra difficult the past couple of days. I often joke with my mother in law that is is just unfair of God to send them to us without owners manuals. They're all different from each other and different from us. An owners manual definitely could have been helpful this week with my over obnoxious tween who seems to just get mouthier by the day and my stubborn 10 year old who doesn't ask for permission, but still fills you in on everything he is gonna do "-k- mom!". My teasing nine year old who must not treasure her life much because she is always bothering the tween... and my masty nasty 7 year old who likes to yell every word that comes out of her mouth.

...I hit brother he hit me, we push sister yeseree! Then we fist fight so you see... We are a happy Family... Yep... that is our happy family this week.

Are you asking what this has to do with my wonderful mommy? ... Well, see, I am sitting her in my bed (with a keyboard that actually works) and I am wondering how my mother could have possibly wanted to have 9 kids. I am wondering this, because I know that she must of had weeks and weeks... I mean years and years of this stuff! I remember being a kid and running around locking everyone out of the house because they were going to kill me. Jay says I hit him with a broom...or was it a baseball bat?... (I think he is a fibber). Keri threw scissors into my leg once... I may still have the scare to prove it. I left plenty of fingernail prints in the arms of my sibling (of course always their faults ;-) ). I also took out hand fulls of their hairs....I mean there was nine of us (not usually at the same time, but at least a good six or seven). I don't remember a day when there wasn't a little itty bitty fight about something stupid (like putting a mole on a drawing that you made of your sister)... And yet my mom only "ran away" like four or five times. When I was a kid I though that was a lot... but I feel like running away like once a day... When I say ran away... these were the days that my mom ran out of patience and needed some time to herself. She would leave us with my dad (who always made us clean the house when this happened) and she would take a breather some place where she couldn't be bothered (quite wise if you ask me).


So to my dear dear mother...

Thank you for not killing us... and for raising us to have compassion on others (and not just for ourselves, because that is who we like to think about the most). Thank you for teaching us what was right and what was wrong. Thank you for taking us to church and instilling gospel principles into our lives.. even though I am sure we embarrassed you week after week. Thank you for teaching us to read and write. Thank you for loving us even though we were a bunch of wild hooligans. Thank you for teaching us how to be good mothers (we still have to see about the fathers part...whats the hold up Jay?). Thanks for breaking plastic hangers on us (because I know we deserved it... plus that didn't hurt). But most of all thanks for being there when we needed you! Thanks for still being there when we need you! You've taught us that a mother is there through thick and thin (and I know we liked to dish it out thick). Thanks for being my Mom! I love you!...even though it isn't mothers day.



4 comments:

{krista} said...

Aw, that is so sweet. I often like to thank my mom just for having ten kids, if she stopped at nine, I'd a never been born! And how they do it is beyond me!

keri said...

Suck up!

The Dransfield Family said...

When you get to my age, you forget what bad things your kids did, and only remember the good. (it's like childbirth) . You were all GREAT kids, thanks for letting me be your Mum, (or choosing me), or however it works.............I LOVED being your Mum.

Shayla said...

Awww...that is so sweet...and hilarious! I'm glad she only ran away a few times. That's a good example to follow! I "run away" a couple times a week... or day, if I can help it. Locking the bathroom door constitutes a trip to Timbucktoo to my brood.

lol...and my mom *tried* to spank up with a flip flop, hairbrush, plastic spoon and eventually my dad gave her a ping pong paddle(which we hid). She NEVER put any Umph behind it, but we'd pretend it hurt so she feel like she made her point, lol. Only our youngest brother was dumb enough to laugh and tell her it didn't hurt.

Yay for Mommies who put up with us long enough for us to have their revenge, I mean, our own children!