Friday, August 15, 2008

Flash From the Past: Not really funny- AT ALL- not for weak tummied readers

It also could be labeled "Kids do the Darnedest Things".
I haven't done a flash from the past in a while. I know it has made everyone so sad... so just for you...

This isn't something I really like to admit to. It makes me want to throw up just thinking about it... but it might help you realize that my kids AREN'T normal. Maybe it will help you realize just how UNnormal they are. I am not sure what goes through their heads, but I am just glad that I think WAY clearer than them. Because just to reassure you I would NEVER EVER do this to anyone!

Even to this day I have these stupid navy blue coffee cups that I drink out of. They are big cups that hold a lot of water so I don't have to fill them up every three seconds. I have already told you all I am an avid water drinker. I ALWAYS have a water cup on the counter. It is always filled with water and ice because I dislike warm water. Like I hate warm water enough to NOT drink it even when I am "thirsting" to death. Yuck...

Well to get on with my story... there was once a day that was a long time ago... that I came down the stairs after taking care of kids (cause that is all I ever did for a really long time) and took a nice swig out of what was suppose to be my water cup... only it had been tampered with. Now there are a lot of things that my children could have done to my cup. I didn't think they even realized I had a cup until they touched it that day. Not only did they touch it, but they had emptied my water out of it and replaced the fluid with their own bodily fluids that come out of parts that should NEVER be touching my cup!!! If you have ever wondered whether or not you would know if you could tell if you were drinking PEE... Well that is an affirmative! My body instantly reacted to what I had just put into my mouth. First is wasn't ice cold like my water was, and second my body KNEW it WASN'T suppose to be in my mouth. I instinctively started heaving into the sink (no I never swallowed... I don't think I could have it by some weird and disgusting reason I would have wanted to. Ugghhh).
Now if you are like me... then after thoroughly brushing your teeth (like a thousand times), and gurgling with mouth wash (like another thousand times)... then you want to know who tampered with your cup and WHY and then you want to make sure they know to NEVER EVER tamper with your cup again. If you ever shared your cup with them before and made them possibly think it was also theirs... You wanted them to know you didn't share anymore.
Problem was questioning a bunch of toddlers isn't always the easiest thing. "Did you touch my cup?" "Can you point to the one you touched?" "Did you pee in my cup?" "Why?" I am still to this day not sure if I have the right child. The two and a half year old admitted to doing it (who was Seth at the time). I was tempted to ask him to show me how he did it to confirm that it was him (since he was still in diapers at the time, but he did know how to remove them)... but I didn't want to encourage the behavior. I just had to sit down all the kids and tell them that we pee in the toilet... NEVER EVER in mommies cup or anyone elses cup cause that isn't very nice AT ALL. ??? come on you would think that is a given even at 2 ??? And it made mommy really sick (which it really really really really did!).

Clear Glass cups sounded really tempting after that, but when I started using them and they started being busted all over the place...well.. in the end I ended up going back to my navy blue cups, but I never take a swig without taking a good sniff before, just to make sure. I found you can never be to safe when it comes to putting something into your mouth!

2 comments:

{krista} said...

Yeah, uh, EW, that was the most disgusting thing I've ever read.

Kailey said...

Yeah, it comes really close the the most disgusting thing I have ever done... Though I would have to say that having a porta potty explode on me would have to be the most disgusting thing that I have EVER had happen.