Good Evening People!!!
It is now 5:54 PM. My children are whining that I have to go and cook them dinner. That doesn't seem tempting to do at all, but I am sure I'll end up doing it in a few minutes anyway.
Today was my first day of college. I already feel smarter :-). Can't you feel the "SMARTIE PANT" vibes coming off my blog?
It was a small adventure. Way easier than what my nightmares the last two months made it look like. I was late to my first class. Just my very awesome luck! That is what happens when you go with the crowd (or shall I say when you go without the crowd..he he). It really wasn't a big deal. I mean it was the first day so I think that instructors are aware that there are "stupids" like me out there that make it to the class 10 minutes early, but then proceed to follow another student across campus... to find a Trig class that we aren't taking. It is all those class numbers. They confuse some people. The story goes... There was a girl standing in front of class that was asking who was in Math 1020. Now "I" was in Math 1020 which is why I went to the class in the first place ..so I told her I was in Math 1020. I decided I am going to try to be a social person. Most people were ignoring her like I would usually do...but even though I would prefer to hid in the corner and not talk to all the scary people, Keri is always telling me that that is rude....so.... I talk to the girl who tells me it looks like our class has been moved. I notice the sign she is reading and that the numbers don't really add up, but hey, I am a Freshman so if she says we have to go somewhere else... I was game. We proceed to go over to the other building and find the class which was the Trig class that we WEREN'T looking for, but really we kind of were because that was what the sign on the door that had led us there was actually for. I had to talk her into going back to the class because by then I was pretty sure we had made the mistake... and sure enough the room we had left a few minutes earlier was actually the right room. Ta Da... Smartness brimming right out of me! It was still a positive experience cause... well I got to take a mini tour of campus! AND I kind of made a friend... if that is what you call someone you talked to for about 15 minutes while walking around on campus looking for a class you aren't taking.
The rest of school was just school. I did some homework. I sat through some lectures. Blah Blah.... I did end up taking someone elses lab book and their notebook from the Lab. I am not sure how that happened. I have my own also, which really makes no sense. I am thinking that I automatically cleaned off the desk and made sure all, meaning ALL, the books on the desk were put away because I am so use to just cleaning off things and making sure NOTHING is left on them. The poor kid must have went to talk to the teacher and when he got back his books were gone. I have a problem with paying attention to what I am doing... it looks like I am going to have to focus harder on my actions! He is probably really worried because he left his receipt in his book and it looks like that lab book cost him almost $67 dollars. Wow! I got a dealio on mine. It is slightly written in, but hey that just means extra notes for me!
I then went and picked up those doctor notes that were so important a few days ago. Yeah, I felt bad for making a deal out of it and then never going to get them, but I had kind of worked around the whole "needing them" thing so I wasn't in a big hurry anymore.
I went from there to Jame's school to get an appointment with the councilor about getting James into Algebra. I am not sure what his end of school Math scores were, but Nate and I both feel like IF they were high enough he shouldn't waist a year going to pre-algebra when there really isn't a whole lot of differences between the two classes except one moves fast and covers more topics. They both still go over the basics first.
Then I went and dropped off Ashlee's form that says she can administer and carry her inhaler with her. They want a new one filled out by the doctor EVERY year which gets a little frustrating.
Then I went home to get James to take him to go and get his hair cut all off. He was sitting on the computer when I walked into the house. I told him I had just come from his school and gotten an appointment to talk with a councilor. He proceeded to threaten my life running into the kitchen (heading for the knives) telling me he was going to "kill" me. See, a councilor in his mind is some kind of psychiatrist (which he CLEARLY NEEDS) and he is very determined that he doesn't want to see anyone like that for his anger management (which he CLEARLY has problems with). After explaining to him quickly what a "councilor" at his school was responsible for he quickly calmed down and moved away from the knives. I think I am going to have to hide those!
I then took him to the haircut place and they proceeded to take my whittle boys shag away. He is happy with his new haircut, but I still want to cry a little every time I see him. His shag was pretty cute (especially when it was trimmed up right). I'll post pics once I have a second.
The lady who was cutting his hair gave him a couple of tips on how to get girls. Use deodorant, brush you teeth AT least twice a day, wash you hair at least every other day. I told him that eating his homework probably wouldn't impress girls either so he better hope he doesn't make eating "important" papers a habit.
Well I better be off... I am going to have to cut down on my blogging time so that I can keep up with my oodles of school work.
5 comments:
I'm going to miss your blogging time.... did you feel old today? I keep thinking if I ever went back, would I be the oldest person in the room (besides the teacher)? Surely older people are smarter, right? No?
I didn't really feel old. There were a lot of people younger than me, but there were also a lot of people older than me.
I was sitting next to a young girl fresh out of highschool and she seemed to be understanding what the Biology teacher was talking about and she even made a comment about the first chapeter seeming really basic (WAY over my head...I'm going to have to read the first chapter like a million times before I think it seems basic). I wish just being older made me smarter, but I am thinking that I am at the disadvantage of those younger. :-)
Did you find out who the books belonged to? I still can't believe you took someones books! That is just to hilarous!
Good luck with school! Jay said the trick is to be friends with the smart people and not with the ones that can't read signs.
I miss James hair too.It was really cute. At least he won't have to fight the girls off so much now.
Post a Comment