and all people and things in it when I get depressed. For some reason I seem to be in that stage right about now. Makes blogging a little difficult.
School started and that has been a little overwhelming, even though I have actually only had three classes. I have been enjoying the world of Histology with much regret. I find myself wondering often whether I am doing the right thing going to school right now. I still don't know if it is. Life around me seems to fall apart once school starts. Its amazing how laundry and dishes become something I want to do. I really wish that was the case all the time.
This semester I have a Pilate's class. I am not sure what the school was thinking making the room open with windows all around so that stander byes can come and watch you. Very uncomfortable. Especially when you can't do any of the moves. I also am not so into not being able to move for three days after each class. Some people say the soreness feels good... I guess I am getting to old for it to feel anything but unbearable.
Well, for my dullsome update on the last week....
Seth graduated from the Dare program. He got himself the pretty little certificate he is holding in the picture (which by the time it made it home was not longer scrapbookable) and the awesome, three sizes to big, Dare shirt that he can now wear to bed. It will fit him in Junior high school when it is totally uncool to wear it.
Last Friday James got to go to his first Klondike camp out. The child froze his butt of of course. That is because he is smarter than us all and he knows best. He didn't pack himself dinner or breakfast. He didn't change his clothes before bed. He didn't use his extra insulator sleeping bag. He didn't realize he had twice as many hand warmers as he used. I know why people can't sell children, there would be a surplus of 12 and 13 year olds.
On Saturday we got to stand in a line all the way through the Draper Temple open house (over three hours). I am not much for lines (though it wasn't as bad as the Body World line because I didn't feel like passing out the whole time). My dad invited us and had enough tickets (which we didn't seem to really need) to take some of Nate's family with us. We learned that a couple of the men in the family don't have very good inside voices. :-) "Shhhh" became Sarah's favorite word. It was a memorable experience. One I am sure none of us will forget anytime soon... At least not me. I don't forget waiting in lines easily. It was very pretty though! I think we'll go back on a less busy day. Nate said that nobody was there for most of today so I guess I'll have to take the kids during the day while they are off track.
Today I got to have my teeth messed with by the orthodontist. That is always fun. I got my first (and hopefully) only rubber band that I am suppose to change twice a day and remove for eating (which at this point I am unable to do). Adult braces are the bomb!! (said very sarcastically)
That's all folks... don't count on frequent updates... I just don't have it in me to blog right now.
1 comment:
I admire anyone who can go to school with a family at home! I'm not really sure I could do it. I need to take a pilates class. I rather like it, but I haven't done it in like five years. the soreness goes away.
Laughing about the klondike, though...
and when we had our temple open house, (rexburg) it went SO smooth, no waiting, nothing. and it was the first day even. It was awesome. I wish we had time to come down and go through the draper one.
Post a Comment