Monday, October 13, 2008

This blog thing is starting to get backed up...

I have drafts piling up in my archive and I am working on finishing some. I should try to consolidate them and stick them in one post. Nahh. That sounds too easy.

On Friday I had a math test. I got 100% on it. YAY!!

Nate asked me to make him breakfast today... so I did, because I am a very awesome wife... and then he didn't even take one bite and he left it in the bathroom for me to find later. MEN! He complains ALL the time about how I don't make him breakfast and blah blah and blah blah... I wonder why I don't make him breakfast??? This isn't the first time that he has done the SAME thing. I told him I would rather he fed it to the dog and at least made me think he ate it. Ignorance is bliss!

Today I was getting ready to take a nap... and Nate called. He wanted me to go pick up an X-Box from a guy who was selling one off KSL. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted to take a nap... Really! I was half there already, but I could tell he was going to throw a little tantrum if I didn't do it for him. He runs errands for me all the time so I guess I owe him one (or like a million, but I don’t like pointing that out), so I told him I would pick it up.

It turned into an adventure quite quickly. My phone was dying so I found a car charger on my way out of the door. I made it to the bank to get out some cash from the ATM. The ATM wouldn’t give me money though. Stupid thing said I had an invalid pin number. I called Nate, he said “just go in the bank”… Did you know that the banks think they should get Columbus Day off? (So does the post man). Who do they think they are??? Kids don’t get it off of school; I didn’t get off of school. Nate had to work! What makes banks and post man think they are so special??

Well, the “just go in” thing obviously didn’t work so well since the calendar said it was Columbus Day… I tried the ATM again and again just to make sure it wasn’t just me. Then I called Nate again (poor Nate, I feel bad for him when I am having a bad day). He said he would call around and find a bank and to start driving to the place. I hung up with him and my cell phone died. Turns out that my car charger was broken and so I went home and got a different one (and threw away the broken one since nobody else can throw away anything). I cried for a minute because I was tired and all I wanted to do was take a nap. I didn’t want to go get Nate his 3rd X-Box.

On a side note: I hate dead cell phones! They always die at the worst times in the whole wide world (like as your driving into a five floor parking garage that your husband is suppose to meet you in when you CALL him).

Well, I drove to another ATM after Nate called me back to tell me that it looked like all the banks thought that they should get Columbus Day off. That ATM didn’t like my pin number either. Not like it hasn’t been my pin number for the last 8 years. Come on ATM’s!!! Maybe the ATM's thought they should get the day off too???? I ended up having to write the guy a check, but not before I made him listen to my whole ATM experiences. I made sure to “assure” him lots of times that my check was good. I am sure he is debating on whether or not to even cash it and see if it bounces all over his checking account. That is how good I assured him. You know when you are talking and just thinking to yourself, “shut up, shut up”. Yep that was me.

In the end Nate got his X-Box. I got to spend another couple of hours running around town trying to find a game called Spore that James decided he had to spend all of his hard earned money on and we got to eat leftovers because my adventure took away all my energy for cooking. I did take a nap when it was all over with, but it wasn’t nearly as good as it would have been before the adventure.

1 comment:

{krista} said...

At least you got a 100 on your math test. You go girl!