Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Car Wheels and Taco Bell Meals

Tonight we went out to get another X Box for Nate. Can you say obsessive?? He has assured me this is the last one. You may wonder why we need four X Boxes in our home. If you find out let me know!

Actually, he mods them and makes them into little media centers. They hold our movies on them and then we can be lazy and just click on our movies instead of getting them out of the drawer and putting them into the DVD player. The new world is all about doing less and getting more. They are pretty cool, but even I am thinking four is pushing it a little.

Well, while we were driving around we were tiff taffing about stupid things. Nate ran his wheels into the curb the other night. For those of you, like me, who don't know the difference between the wheel and the tire..., the wheel is the sparkly thing that has seemingly become a symbol of status (or something like that). I personally never look at other peoples wheels. Heck, I don't even look at my wheels. But Nate says I don't count since I can take twenty minutes in a parking lot trying to find my blue car, because everyone else seems to have a blue car also and I really don't know how to decipher which on is mine unless I park in the back of the parking lot in a space away from everyone else so that I know not to even care that all blue cars look the same as mine. ...

Well, Nate wants to take his wheels in and have them "touched up". I think that is a total waste of money. He so kindly hinted that he didn't care (because I don't make the money) and that I can have my opinion, but he gets what he wants (which is his wheels touched up).

I just don't get it. He has scraped his wheels like twice in the last few weeks. This could get really expensive if he wants to touch them up every two weeks…and who cares if his wheels have scrapes on them?? He assured me that lots of people look at wheels and that he looks at other people’s wheels all the time. Can I just say SHALLOW? Come on people?? Do you really go around staring at other peoples wheels? Can I just point out that our economy is falling apart, that there are people starving all over the world, that some people can't afford clothes and shoes. What the heck are you doing looking at other people’s wheels? And are you going to judge other people by the scratches on their wheels? I am sorry, but this one just surpasses my thinking. I just am not getting the point of it.

We have agreed to disagree. I am sure in a few weeks I will have sparkly touched up wheels to drive around again. I will never ever notice them, and I am assuming a large majority of the population of the world will never notice them either, but for Nate's sake and all the other “wheel looking” people out there… I will help boost the economy by giving someone a job of touching up my cars wheels. YAY ME!

We also stopped by Taco Bell for dinner, which Emily thinks is totally unfair because she just got chicken nuggets and french fries at home and she is sick of junk food. I am not sure what she thinks they serve at Taco Bell. Taco Bell brings back high school memories for me. I worked there with Nate for a short time when we were sixteen. I think the only thing that has changed is there portions have gotten smaller, if that is even possible, and their food has gotten more expensive. I would rather have had chicken nuggets and french fries.

No comments: