Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Flash From the Past: My Birth/Family Facts

Well since I have lived over 10,220 days before starting this blog I thought it would be fun to have an occasional flash back. Let my few readers get to know me a little better. Read some of the fun things that keep me wondering if there is a purpose to my existence or if I was just sent here to humor our creator.

Well let's start at the beginning of my life here on this earth. I was born 28 years ago on April fool’s Day. That should just let you know right there that something is wrong with me. First off, I was supposed to be a boy. That was before all the fancy smancy technology thingies called ultra sounds that actually confirm the sex of your baby to quite a large percentage of accuracy... and my parents were just going off what the doctor thought, though the doctor did have a record of being right "most" of the time. Too bad I was born on the wrong day. I fooled them all! I was the third child born to my parents. They had two daughters previous to my arrival and they were really hoping for that son. They even had a name picked out for me. I was to be called "Dustin". Instead I got pegged with the name "Kailey", which at the time was quite original and not many teachers could pronounce it right.

I came out of my mommy posterior (that always sounded elegant and superior to me). I have been torturing my siblings ever since. They always told me I was adopted. What they don’t know won’t hurt them!

Well, that is my birth story. I heard it over and over again as a child. My poor parents had to have two more daughters after me before they would get their son, and by then their best friends had stolen their "name" and he ended up being called Jay. Then they had another daughter and two more sons for a total of nine children.

We were a little crowded but that didn't stop us from growing up with oodles of animals. We had dogs, cats, rabbits, chickens, ducks, geese, goats, horses, lizards. Small birds of various kinds from pigeons to parakeets, guinea pigs, rats, hamsters, gerbils, mice, fish, must I go on? Unfortunately all too many of them had quite tragic deaths. Some got stepped on, some got kicked by the horses, some got hit by cars, some got ate by skunks, and some got slept on (learned young that it is really not good to sleep with baby chickens and ducks). Seems like not a month or two went by when something wasn't being killed by something else. Not many of them just died of old age. It was quite a traumatic experience for me. I spent many a nights as a child crying in my room over the loss of one animal or another. I came to the conclusion that I would never have animals when I got older and moved out. I don't know what happened. Somehow they found me!

So that is the beginning and some of the middle. Just to summarize... I am 28. I was an April fool’s baby. I am a female (just want to make that clear). I am the third child out of nine. I have five sisters and three brothers. And I grew up with lots of animals who all seemed to have tragic deaths. Are we all clear? OK well now that you are just dying to know more (not), I must go and get my day started. Lots of cleaning to get done after the Christmas Holidays! I got a pretty darn good life! (Though I wouldn't mind a maid)

1 comment:

Shayla said...

Yeah Kailey! It got you too! The Blog monster has sucked you in...you are defenseless! Give in to the dark side! oooOOOoOOOooOoOh!

lol...love ya!