Monday, November 22, 2010

Three Births and a Wedding

This year has been a busy year with additions to my side of the family. Both Nate and I have been aunts and uncles since early in our teens, and because we became parents not too long afterwards it all worked out well because our kids have cousins to play with that are around their ages... but recently in our family we have had a little baby boom with the addition of three new babies in the past year. Two of them just in the last couple of months. I refer to the newcomers as the "seconds" because they are kind of the second generation of grandkids.
Then my little sister Lyndsey "tied the knot" with her sweetie Erik the end of September. I thought I would catch up the other side of the family on the new who's who.

We'll start with the adults... This here is Lyndsey and her new husband Erik. They are just adorable together. Lyndsey likes to think she wears the pants in her family (and all decked out in her national guard uniform she totally looks like she does), but she would do just about anything for this fella!


This here is Joshua. He is a little older now and increasingly cuter by the day. He has the sweetest little laugh you ever did hear. We are are not allowed to call him Joshie (parents request...or demand possibly???) which is hard for us because in my family we are really bad about the "ies" (i.e. Jamsie, Sethie, Emmy, Ashie, Maddie, Charlie...) but so far I think we have done an exceptional job. Josh belongs to Jay and Jill. They are such good new parents. I just love watching them with him.



Next is Lincoln. He is still in the small baby phase of life. I am sure he has a personality, but I haven't got to see it yet. Mostly I have just got to see him sleep. A lot! Linc belongs to Tera and Anthony. They are pictured below.




An honorable mention goes out to Linc's big brother Charlie who is also a "second". Charlie is now 4 but he is the start of the seconds, though he really loves to play with the first generation. He is just a bouncing ball of energy. He loves to spend his time outdoors with anything that has wheels or can bounce. He also loves computer and gaming system games (though his mother is exceptional at limiting him). His cousins often have him down there while they are playing and sometimes they are even nice enough to let him play (though most the time when I think they are letting him play I realize they have given him a controller that isn't really plugged in and they are just making him think he is playing. One day he is going to be smart enough to call them out! Charlie has been the ring bearer twice now. Practice makes perfect so if you are in need of one he has already lost one wedding ring (which was found before the wedding) and missed the isle to walk down. This next time should be perfect!

The newest arrival just came a couple of weeks ago with addition of Maxton. He is living up to that new baby reputation of eating, sleeping, and "potty-ing". Those are currently his main three activities (though he can also burp, suck a binky, and make the letter O with his lips... very talented). He is keeping his mom busy! Max belongs to Keri and Jeff. You can go to their blog if you want to see a picture of Jeff, not because I don't like him, but because I have had enough with blogger and the picture thing for the day. Urggghhh.


An Honorable mention also goes out to little Maddie who is Max's big sister. She is now 2 1/2. Maddie keeps us all laughing with her bizarre behavior. She has an idea of what the world should be like and if she thinks something is not right, boy do you know it! She is known for her untimely outburst about trivial things (if anything at all). She loves chasing chickens... she hates chickens chasing her. She really seems to love all animals, though her and Ally dog (my moms mutt) sometimes aren't the bestest of friends and Rock Star (nannys mean rooster) doesn't seem to be on either of our "likes" list. She also loves singing and dancing. She knows more songs than me, and she doesn't really like me singing with her (partly because I sound horrible, and partly because I don't know the right words to all the songs and that just annoys her).




So there you have it... That is the list of the new additions this year. Quiz time! J/K . Have a happy Thanksgiving week everyone!







No comments: