Monday, November 22, 2010

Cookies and Snow... Always a fun mixture.

Yesterday we woke up to find a whole yard full of snow. What ever happened to the days when you could just lay in bed and look out the window at the beautiful white world until noon? Instead we got to get up and shovel a large driveway and make all the pretty white snow look like dirty brown snow before we headed off to church.

Actually I can't take credit for the snow shoveling (though I did my fair share while we lived in Wyoming!) instead Seth and I got up early and started making cookies to give out to the VT and home teaching families. Nate takes credit for the snow shoveling, but he has a snow thrower (that same one that just drags me around the yard because he bought one too BIG), which is sort of cheating in my mind!

After the cookies were done and cleaned up Seth really wanted to make pretzel dough. By now it was time for me to go and get ready for church so I added all the ingredients to the Kitchen Aid and left Seth in charge of the kneading.

A few minutes later Seth shows up in my bedroom with a bruised and mangled right hand. The child (who should be old enough to use a kitchen aid mixer properly) had accidentally turned the motor on while his hand was in the bowl and the kneader beater had made a pretty good attempt to knead his hand. I always wondered why they had to put such obvious warnings on the owners manuals, I guess they are meant for people like Seth. :-)

We were all ready for church by this time so we all loaded in the car and once we got to church Nate took off with Seth to the instacare. Luckily his hand was just bruised up pretty good, but no broken bones. I don't think he is going to be volunteering to use that machine any time soon.


After church the girls came home and got on their snow clothes. They spent the next several hours outside building snow forts and snow men. I went out there for a while and helped them. Then I had this good idea to take a snowball upstairs to Seth who was sitting on the computer waisting away his mind. I shoved it down his shirt, but took a punch in the face for doing it and now I have a fat lip. I guess it wasn't such a good idea after all.


All in all the day was pretty fun, at least for most of us...Seth had it a little rough...but he punched my face so I'm not feeling especially bad for him or anything ;-)

No comments: