Thursday, June 2, 2011

Looking for June! Let me know if you see her...


Not to be boring or anything... but what is up with the weather? It is June 2nd and I have to wear jeans and a long sleeve shirt AND a jacket so I don't freeze outside. It doesn't seem right.


Lets start a new series, since I am incredibly bored lately... Well call it..

Epitome of a Teenagers Summer



This series will highlight the things my children do all Summer. It could be long... or it could be very very short. The first episode will follow after this blog post. Stay tuned!

June 2, 2011
The boys are out of school since yesterday. That means today they are starting their summer by doing absolutely nothing. Well that is not true... they are watching the 3rd Rock series... episode after episode... I needed James help outside this morning, which required him to get dressed... we are still working on Seth.

Just looking at their lack of motivation has totally wiped me out and I seem to be checking Freebies 2 Deals (thanks a lot Keri), Slickdeals, and KSL (because I am waiting to see why the little girl was wandering around in Roy all alone at 6:45 this morning) over and over again. I consider that pretty much wasting away my day. I have so much to do I am mad at myself for letting it happen... therefore I am Blogging because someone at least will benefit from my wasted hours that way. Here are some pictures from a recent vacation. Since blogger won't let me drag them and I have already spent forever trying to them where I want them I am just going to leave the here and you can read about our trip below.


Well usually I have a long list of uncompleted blogs sitting and waiting to be finished, but I have been having so much fun watching crap after crap after crap on Netflix I have not written even one draft since my little chick post. So I guess to catch everyone up... The chicks grew and they grew and now they look like this...



And while they were growing we were all growing too and now we look like this...




I know, age has been kind to us!


The girls has a three week hiatus from school. During that time we went to the zoo, wheeler farm, and swimming... Oh and lets not forget our delightful shopping trips with Emmy and Mas... I mean Ashee. We kept ourselves busy with fun and family. We had some special visitors during that time that we don't get to see very often. We all had a lot of fun.
This last weekend we had a family trip up to Topaz mountain. Wherever we decide to go on memorial day weekend, we are condemning that place to rain, wind, and even snow.
We picked the West desert because it was suppose to be a little nicer... we woke up two morning in a row with snow on the ground. It poured on us almost all weekend... and as always the day we pack up the sun comes out to wish us goodbye. To make the weather worse we could see over to Delta and they had blue skies and sun. It just wouldn't come our way.


On Monday we decided to hang out a little longer and we went on a hike to find some Topaz... Seth had hurt his knees (more on that later) and he was unable to make it all the way up to the saddle. The hike was fun. Ashlee took a hammer and we had to stop every other second to hit a rock, but she sure was being a good sport about the hike (she usually complains the whole time). James caught a couple of lizards and we saw a huge bull snake slithering around.


Then we packed up camp and took off for some hot springs Nate had heard about. The first mile of the dirt road to the hot springs was wonderful, but the further we got the more puddles we ran into. The truck and trailer were soon covered in a thick layer of mud. Good news... we made it to the hot springs... Bad news... We had to spend a couple ours cleaning off the truck and trailer when we got home.


On to some good summer adventures.

1 comment:

keri said...

How am I just seeing this?