Catastraphie has once again struck the lives of my children. Ashlee was being a big bratty pants a couple of nights ago and she lost her beloved box (temporarily) to an angry papa.
The History of the BOX
I got a new washer and dryer for Christmas. They replaced my incredably loud pair of neptunes from 2002. They came with an added bonus, as when they were dropped off I opted to unpack them myself. This was not a wanted thing or a needed thing, just an...it was really cold outside and I didn't want to sit around and watch the people unbox my stuff... A lazy thing?? Maybe! Though it ended up being more work in the end, so I wouldn't call it that either... Anyway...
Ashlee is a box collector. She loves boxes. She always has at least one box in her room. We try to limit it to one box anyway. I have been having her trade me out boxes. If a bigger box came she would give me her smaller box and I would give her the bigger box as a trade. So when the washer and dryer boxes came I told her she could have ONE of them in trade for her current box. She happily traded, though I almost instantly realized I had done a bad thing. The box became Ashlee's house within the house. both girls slept in it at night. Ashlee moved her webkinz and her clothes into it. It is so large it takes up a big chunk of their already cluttered room making it look even more cluttered.
Well, she thought it would be fun to talk back to Nate the other night and he got mad and went up there and took her box. It was quite a dramatic ordeal. She was devestated. I think she would have cried less if I had died than she did for the loss of her box. So it is back to sleeping in beds again. The box is sitting in the garage. Can't say I really miss it in the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment