Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Honey... I'm Home.





After an eleven day excursion to California we are now back home to our lovely winter weather. While we were gone we got about three feet of snow. Loverly to come back home to!!
We hauled our travel trailer to Doheny and Sliver Strand Califonia State Parks. From those sights we wen't and visited DisneyLand and California Adventure Park for three days (with the park hopper), Universal, SeaWorld, and the San Diego Wild Animal Park. We discovered that even though Disneyland is fun to go to... that two days in a row is pushing it... we didn't attempt the third day, but took a break after two. And even then tempers start flaring around noon and by two everyone wants to go home. Poor kids... there is only so much waiting in line they can take. When you wait in line for 45 minutes and the ride only lasts for two to three minutes... well it just doesn't make up for all the waised time. I truthfully think Disneyland is just to over rated. I personally don't think they have a single ride that is worth waiting in line over 20 minutes for. Though the Space Mountain in Disneyland kicks the Flordia's one in the butt.
The kids really seemed to enjoy the trip. I am missing it already with the workload I have had unloading and doing laundry. I could have stayed another week just relaxing on the beach.
The kids loved the ocean (as always). On on Sunday it was pouring (litterally) down with rain and the put on their raincoats and played in the ocean for a good hour and a half to two hours. They are delightful to watch as they make up little stories and act them out with eachother. At one point in time they had collected four different balls from the ocean and they were protecting them from the waves washing them back out. I was just shocked that they has found a tennis ball, a ball "pit" ball, a baseball, and plasic baby ring ball all in a hald hours worth of time. I would have to say that at that beach it was much easier to collect balls then it was to collect sea shells.
At the beach in Silver Strand we did our sea shell collecting. The had dozens of whole sand dollars washing up on the shores. After a while I had to start sending the kids back to the beach with them. There is only so many sand dollars you can take home.
One morning we woke up to a dolphin playing out in the ocean. That was fun to watch.
The kids enjoyed the tide pools, the batrays, and the dolphins at Sea World. We only lost one of our feeder fish to the darn birds that like to steal your very expensive dolphin food.
They really didn't like the Wild Animal Park too much, but they did enjoy the petting zoo and feeding the Larikeets. They also enjoyed the seven lion cubs that the zoo currently has.
Univeral was practically empty while we were there. The older kids enjoyed riding the Mummy ride, but Seth and Ashlee didn't enjoy it so much. Ashlee refused to go on it after the first time and then she whined the rest of the day because she thought everything was going to be just as scary. She handled the Jarassic Park ride much better. They all enjoyed the Shrek 4-D movie, but there is only so many times you can watch something and be entertained (at least for me). We left before it closed when we ran out of things to do.
Disneyland was the most entertaining for the children. James fell in love with trying to beat out the scores in the Buzz Lightyear ride. We ended up riding it way to many times for my liking. We also frequented Space Mountain. The loved Autopia, but the line was usually to long to wait (especially since the fast pass machine for it was closed). The Subs were ok, but once was good and we still waited a good 30 minutes for them in the evening when the park was ready to close.
California Adventures was by far their favorite in the thrilling ride category. They went on the Screamin' OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. Nate and I stopped after the second when we felt the motion sickness start, but the kids just kept going for another hour. They could have stayed on it all day an been content. The older three liked the Tower of Terror, but Ashlee wouldn't ride it... and from my one excursion on it, I think she was right to decline. It was a little scary... and I am not to into falling from large heights.
That was our trip.... plus lots and lots and lots of other stuff, but what I have written is plenty boring enough.
I have a Pretty Darn Good Life... I better go enjoy it and get my butt of this computer.



1 comment:

Kari said...

Thanks for not making me feel so bad that I've never taken my kids to Disneyland (dh nor I have been either).

I'm glad you still had fun with the family and you are home safe and sound!